The University of Hawaii Board of Regents’ presidential selection committee agreed this week that UH’s next chief executive officer should have “strong ties” to Hawaii.
Good riddance, MRC Greenwood! Aloha, keiki o ka aina!
Are YOU local enough to be the next UH prez?
Take Civil Beat‘s quiz!
1. Who is the most important person in the Hawaii Legislature?
a. Donna Mercado Kim
b. Mark Takai
c. Isaac Choy
d. all of the above
2. What is the most important program at UH?
d. Arts & Humanities
3. Who was the best UH football coach?
a. June Jones
b. Fred von Appen
c. Greg McMackin
d. Larry Price
4. Who was the worst UH president?
a. MRC Greenwood
b. Evan Dobelle
c. MRC Greenwood and Evan Dobelle
d. all of the above
5. Which acronym represents the faculty union?
6. Which word(s) is most closely associated with the word “autonomy”?
c. free will
d. Donna Mercado Kim
7. The Manoa campus building with the greatest repair and maintenance backlog is:
a. Biomedical Sciences Building
b. Campus Center
c. Klum Gymnasium
d. there is no repair and maintenance backlog at the Manoa campus
8. UH West Oahu was founded in 1976. In what year did its permanent campus open?
9. Which of the following is NOT the name of a UH community college?
10. Before it was fixed, spectators at the UH softball stadium could not see:
a. home plate
b. UH Hilo dormitories
c. Brian Minaai
d. Mitsunaga & Associates
1. The hiring of multiple, well-paid public-relations executives is essential to tell UH’s story.
2. “Brain drain” refers to a procedure taught at the John A. Burns School of Medicine.
3. “Wonder Boy” Jim Donovan should have been allowed to remain athletic director in perpetuity.
4. Resident undergraduate tuition for full-time students at UH Manoa is $4,300.
5. MRC Greenwood’s salary is more than 100 times larger than resident undergraduate tuition.
ANSWERS: If you don’t know already, don’t bother applying for the UH presidency.
Sign up for our FREE morning newsletter and face each day more informed.