We’re ranked third worst for congestion.
As if we didn’t already know!
A new study says Honolulu has the third-worst traffic congestion in the country.
Things are worse in Los Angeles and San Francisco, which ranked No. 1 and No. 2 worst, respectively. Seattle, San Jose and NYC are somewhat less congested than Honolulu.
According to TomTom’s complete Traffic Index, things have improved for the Big Pineapple since 2012. But not much.
Among the key Honolulu highlights in 2013:
• Delay per hour driven in peak period: 34 minutes
• Delay per year with 30-minute commute: 83 hours
• Best weekly commute during peak period: Friday morning; Monday evening
• Worst weekly commute during peak period: Wednesday morning; Friday evening
• Most congested day in 2013: December 5th — the 67th Annual Kaimuki Christmas Parade
Honolulu area roadways with highest traffic congestion in 2013 include H1- Lunalilo Freeway, N. Nimitz Highway, N. Vineyard Boulevard, Ala Moana Boulevard and Kamehameha Highway in Pearl City.
You're officially signed up for our daily newsletter, the Morning Beat. A confirmation email will arrive shortly.
In the meantime, we have other newsletters that you might enjoy. Check the boxes for emails you'd like to receive.
Inbox overcrowded? Don't worry, you can unsubscribe or update your preferences at any time.